The Lansdowne place project is located on Lansdowne Road (formerly Berkeley Court Hotel), Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
It is a high end residential development with 215 apartment units for phase 1. The external ground plane is animated by linear stone paving, bespoke planters, seating and tranquil water features across a series of courtyard spaces. The majority of the open space is over podium slab which presents a layer of complexity in the technical detailing. BSLA worked closely with the design team to identify locations where a step in the basement slab could facilitate a number of concrete planting pockets to provide space for semi mature specimen tree planting.
As part of the overall Lansdowne Place development the impressive mature boundary trees and iron railings along Lansdowne Road dating back to the mid-1800s are being retained, ensuring the continuance of the sylvan setting. These continue the historical legacy of the use of the site as the Trinity College Botanical Gardens from 1806 until the 1960s.